This Communicable Disease Prevention Guidance is provided by MDS to all team members and tenants of the 17th floor. The purpose of this guidance is to recognize and minimize risk of communicable disease such as COVID-19 and seasonal influenza and to keep everyone healthy.
Understanding the risk:
To reduce risk of communicable disease we will monitor and follow all direction from medical health officers and our regional health authority which includes all public health orders, guidance, recommendations and notices issues by the provincial health officer that are relevant to our workplace. The level of risk and implementation of measures to reduce risk may change from time or on a seasonal basis and you will be updated accordingly during those times.
Measures, practices and policies:
If you are unwell:
- In the event you are unwell, regardless of vaccine status or test results, do not come into the office.
- If you begin to feel unwell while at work, please notify your supervisor and if you need assistance we can arrange for you to get home safely.
- We will continue to follow guidance around self-isolation issued by the provincial health officer and the BC CDC and will require the following from all:
- anyone under the direction of the provincial health officer to self-isolate must follow those instructions; and
- anyone who has been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, or any other communicable disease, is to self monitor for symptoms.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 and are fully vaccinated, you need to self-isolate at home for 5 days and until symptoms improve and you do not have a fever.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 and are not fully vaccinated, you need to self-isolate at home for 10 days and until symptoms improve and you do not have a fever.
- Wash or sanitize your hands upon entering our office and common areas like the kitchen, before and after eating and regularly throughout the day.
- Cover your nose with a tissue or your elbow/sleeve if you need to cough or sneeze. Immediately discard tissue into a waste bin and wash your hands.
- Do not leave any paper towels or tissues on the floor or any surface. After use immediately discard into a waste bin.
- MDS supports anyone choosing to get a vaccine for vaccine preventable conditions.
- Mask use in the office will follow the mask mandates made by the provincial health officer.
- The building will continue to provide regular cleaning of the building and our office.
- Clean your desk area/keyboards/phones/high touch areas regularly.
- Use cleaning products supplied in the boardrooms, copy room, lounge and kitchen to clean any surfaces you have touched.
- Visitors are reminded not to come in if they are feeling unwell, or are under the direction of the provincial health officer to self-isolate.