Associate – Business Law | M&A
T 778 783 3942 E email@example.com
Year of Call: B.C. 2017
Scott started his business law career at leading large regional law firm in Vancouver. Prior to law, he consulted for 15+ years on local, regional, provincial, national and international projects, mainly in connection with high performance sport. Scott was focused on project management, games/event operations, corporate communications, logistics, and community engagement for both non-profit and private organizations.
education & accreditation
Law Society of British Columbia (2017)
University of Calgary (J.D., 2016)
University of Victoria (B.A. with Distinction, 2000)
areas of expertise
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advised private clients and institutional bodies with respect to various technology matters including service and licensing agreement.
- Advised clients on initial structuring and incorporation (plus subsequent reorganization) of their company and related key documents including shareholders’ agreements.
- Advised local and foreign companies on trademark development, trademark availability, searching, trademark prosecution and opposition matters.
- Advised clients on tailored approaches to address the administration, proper use, licensing of and enforcing intellectual property rights including copyright, trademarks, industrial design and trade secrets.
- Advised on strategies to develop and evolve manages client’s domestic and international trademark portfolios.
- Advised private company and public body clients on data protection and privacy compliance, risk management strategies, and privacy breach response.
- Assisted public-traded companies and agents of public-traded companies with various offerings, including prospectus filings, granting of warrants and options and more on the TSX, TSX-V and CSE.
- Purchase of a large-scale, BC-focused engineering and architectural firm for a BC buyer with North American wide operations.
- Purchase of a Western Canadian business focused on electrical engineering and related technical services for a US-based, North American leader in the industry.
- Sale of a BC company specializing in Canadian and US air, ocean and land freight solutions plus warehousing and distribution to a US buyer.
- Sale of a BC medical equipment business to a Canadian buyer.
- Sale of a Canadian software development company to a Hong Kong buyer.
- Purchase of BC private excavating business and related industrial real estate for a BC buyer.
- Purchase of multiple transportation and equipment businesses across Western Canada for a BC buyer with a North-American reach.
- Sale of a BC natural resources business to a US buyer.
- Sale of a BC film production company to a Canadian buyer.
- Purchase of franchised and stand-alone, private food and beverage business operations for BC buyers.
- Purchase of a BC design studio for BC buyers.